WORKING WITH CHILDREN AND WOMEN IN AFRICA
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
30 people are interested
1. We are looking for Volunteers to help on developing new programs in relation to micro entrepreneurship among rural/Urban women.
2. The opportunity is as well open to Individuals and groups with passion to work with children and youth of all levels. Specific activities may include:
-Motivational speaking and career guidance to women and youth,
- Training organizational leaders,
- Compiling children bios and data collection, developing strategic plan
- Teaching English to older children
- Community outreach with intention on baseline survey to enable the organization to provide needed services.
Spending time with children and teaching them day to day life experiences.
- Volunteers will also help on fundraising through any available resources
There are no specific skills or experience specifically but anyone with passion in the above activities and interventions.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Empowerment Action Program
Total village, Mukono, Central 00256, UG
To build the capacity of of less privileged persons, empowering women and promoting holistic child development in all aspects of their lives.
TEAP is a Capacity building, women empowerment and child development project, founded by several individuals who had concern about the suffering, needs and problems affecting women especially single teen mothers, orphans and vulnerable children. TEAP was first established as a Community based organization in 2014 and later upgraded to NGO.
Since its inception the organization has successfully provided capacity building training to 18 community based organizations which included 7 Churches, 4 local NGOs and 7 CBOs. Reached over 6,000 women of whom 273 are attending weekly meetings and being empowered in various matters. Providing shelter vulnerable women who are healing from prostitution. Giving micro business grants women for income generation grants. Giving all the 452 children education through our school in Lubango, four partner primary schools in Mukono and sponsoring the 41 secondary school students to complete their levels. Training of trainers, facilitating formation of action team and facilitating savings program.
Empowering women especially single mothers, Widows and those affected by HIV/AIDS to become self-sufficient and self-reliant
Helping on HIV/AIDS projects ranging from peer education, care and support. Working with people with disabilities most especially children. Volunteer will as well help administrative, fundraising, teaching English, community outreach, medical clinics, and much more. We require no specific skills and our programs are open to all ages, groups and individuals.
We'll work with your schedule.
- Child Development
- Special Needs
- Computer Science
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Average 30 hours a week
- Volunteers are free to bring to the organization what they feel appropriate