Blood Drive Nurse
8 people are interested
Save Blood Drives, Save Lives
Did you know? It is required to have a Registered Nurse onsite at Blood Drives in California? In order to ensure consistent blood collection operations we would like to have a group of volunteer registered nurses with an active license in the State of California to be available, if needed, to be present at the blood drive in the event that one of our staff nurses call out. The Volunteer RN would not perform any accessible, regulated tasks.
* Help keep blood drives scheduled and act as a licensed RN at the collections operation.
* Use strong customer service skills to maintain a positive image of the American Red Cross with the public.
* Assist donors in the reception and hospitality areas providing exemplary customer service.
* Be available at short notice to fill in at our blood drive operations.
* Be willing to drive to the blood drive location.
* Be available for the whole time the drive is open.
* Represent the Red Cross positively and professionally. Stay helpful, flexible and patient.
* Demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
* You may be scheduled in advance if we are aware of the need.
* Maintain ongoing learner needs as documents and updates of your curriculum items need to be read and signed off in our learning management system.
* RN license must be active in the state of California.
* A warm, friendly and gracious manner with a desire to help others.
* Good communication skills to give verbal instructions clearly, politely and accurately to donors.
* Customer service experience preferred with a commitment to putting donor first at all times.
* Demonstrated dependability and punctuality.
Required training sessions broken down to 2-day orientation and then 3-days of in-class training about 2-weeks apart from one another.
About American Red Cross - Orange County
600 Park Center Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting life saving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Disaster Response
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Two 7-hour shifts per month, 6 months minimum.
- Active California RN License, Red Cross Blood Drive Nurse Training