Part Time Blogger
13 people are interested
Part-time bloggers are responsible for producing at least two blogs a month, upon assignment. Bloggers need to commit to at least one year on the blog team. In addition, all blog writers must be available for weekly team reviews of blogs and quarterly reviews of blog topics. All volunteers must be involved, engaged, and committed to volunteer at least 3-5/hr per week. Bloggers must respond to messages and inquiries in a timely manner.
Blog writers are also responsible for promoting blogs on all social media channels, linkedin, tumblr, and major blog sites.
Blog writers have the opportunity to have their work exposed to 50,000 + followers from our website and social media pages.
- Contribute a minimum of 2 blogs a month
- Create 500-1,000 word blogs on topics related to domestic violence upon assignment
- Create and generate blog topics to write on. Choose subject matter that interests readers
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail
- Write content for the blog
- Conduct interviews for blogs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Check Slack at least once a day
- Prior experience in blog and/or professional writing
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications, creative writing, etc. highly preferred
- Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture
- The successful candidate must be computer and Internet savvy
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Social Media / Blogging
- 5 hours week