5 people are interested
Hospice Veteran to Veteran Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Bristol Hospice - Atlanta, LLC
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
BECOME A HOSPICE VOLUNTEER!
ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AND THE BOOSTED.
** TO FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION GO TO: www.bristolhospice-volunteer.cOM
Veterans share a bond that bridges generations, branches of service, and experiences. As part of the We Honor Veterans program, the Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program provides camaraderie and companionship to Veteran patients. Veterans connect to each other in a unique way and benefit from that special fellowship.
Bristol Hospice is urgently seeking patient companion volunteers in the Atlanta, South Atlanta, West Atlanta area.
We go where our patients are: home, assisted living facility, nursing homes, memory care units, etc. There is travel involved, so a form of reliable transportation is necessary.
If you have a passion for helping patients and families of the terminally ill, then please contact me.
In order to be considered you must be:
- 18 years old or older
- Be able to travel to where the patient lives
- Pass a background check (paid for by us)
- Pass a drug test and TB test (paid for by us)
- Complete online Relias training modules
- Have a valid rivers license and provide active auto insurance
- Attend a mandatory orientation
You can, read, play music, chat, go take a walk down memory lane, look at old photos, or do light housekeeping (if needed and agreed to).
Visit a patient who may not have many visitors. Provide home respite if needed.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please contact Alesa Smith, Volunteer Coordinator today to find out how to get started.[-] Show Less
About Bristol Hospice - Atlanta, LLC
2849 Paces Ferry Road SE, Suite 380, Atlanta, GA 30339, US
You matter Because you are you. You matter to the last moment of your life. - Dame Cicely Saunders.
We are a local hospice company serving the greater Atlanta, Cobb, Gwinnett, West GA area.
2849 Paces Ferry Road SESuite 380Overlook 1 BuildingAtlanta, GA 30339
May 9, 2022
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Relationship Building
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We can work with your schedule. Typically 2 hours a week
- Veteran Volunteers help support our efforts to honor our Veteran patients through individual honors ceremonies, community events, welcome home event, special projects, life review, and more.