Quilters and Knitters Wanted! Help Make a Positive Difference for Hospice Patients!
Do you have skills in quilting or knitting? Would you like to make a difference for hospice patients? Sanctuary Hospice is seeking volunteers to make blankets, quilts, pillow cases, scarves, shawls, hats, socks, slippers for our patients in need of warmth and comfort. Often times our patients, especially ones in facilities, are in need of cozy items to make them feel more at home and comfortable. These cozy items brighten up the patient's rooms and lives. They also add a personal touch in a cold medical environment.
All quilting and knitting can be done from home or in our office.
- Create blankets, quilts, pillow cases, scarves, shawls, hats, socks, or slippers for patients
- Creative, skilled in knitting, crocheting, quilting, etc.
- Able to pass a drug test, background check, and TB testing (all of this provided free of charge by Sanctuary Hospice)
- Must be 18+
- Must have valid driver's license and current auto insurance
- Must be willing to complete training
- Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days
If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact Sheena Innocente, MSW at email@example.com.
About ECHO Hospice
765 The City Dr S, Suite 440, Orange, CA 92868, US
The mission of Echo Hospice is to bring hope, support and life enriching care to those who face life's end. "Life is an echo. What you send out comes back. Radiate and give love and compassion, and love and compassion will return to you."
Volunteers play a vital role in hospice care. They can provide companionship and help with activities that may enhance quality of life while bringing true joy to patients facing terminal illnesses. Volunteers are important and may help ease the burdens associated with end-of-life care for families and loved ones. While Volunteers provide companionship to patients, they can be of great support to their families. We also have other volunteer opportunities available in our programs such as, our Expressions Art Therapy, Pawsitive Pals Pet Therapy, or Music Therapy.
"The world is hugged by the faithful arms of Volunteers"-Terri Guillemets
*No prior medical knowledge is necessary.