POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking a volunteer, s ocial media strategist(s) to join our team in the Dayton, Ohio area. This position(s) will help develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy and content calendar to increase our web traffic and brand awareness. This will include Facebook and Twitter and possibly provide some blog assistance. Establish an efficient workflow for content management and measurement. The position will liaison with the founder, and possibly with other MA leaders. Both junior and senior candidates will be considered.
Excellent written communication skills, including grammar and punctuation.
Proficiency in computers required.
Marketing, social media, and general business background and interests.
Social media content creation experience for business or nonprofits and having a "nose for a story" is strongly preferred.
Research aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Self-motivation and initiative, with high energy and enthusiasm.
Teamwork with other employees or interns.
Knowledge of graphic design practices and principles for both print and web projects.
Passion for the social technology universe
Knowledge and/or interest in addiction would be a plus.
DUTIES : The position is flexible and could include any or all of the following, depending on interests, experience and availability: 1) Research best practices for similar nonprofits and others, understand Mission Addiction's current social media practices, marketing strategies, branding, and help establish an overall social media strategy and direction.
2) Create a social media content calendar and evolving strategy that integrates and supports both short and long term marketing initiatives, including online fundraising campaigns.
3) Create posts for Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. on an ongoing basis to help fill the calendar, working with all other MA representatives, while making use of designs and graphics.
4) Recommend others for Mission Addiction to connect with or follow via social media to build our network, increase competitive intelligence, refine our competitive positioning, increase our knowledge, etc.
5) Participate in Mission Addiction activities, meetings, and/or leadership meetings as appropriate, to understand the mission and personnel needs.
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Edward@Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Please also include any relevant social media links, posts, or writing samples. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
MISSION ADDICTION Anything is possible when we walk together(tm)
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support, training, resources and aftercare to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people and families, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate and you do not have to be a Christian.) 5) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
"Quick Church" blog
Navigation and Referral Services
Mentoring / Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students
Health & Medicine
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
October 29, 2020
Social Media / Blogging
Graphic Design / Print
Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Must be at least 19
Orientation or Training
1-7 hours/week, flexible around schedule.
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph as well as any relevant work samples.