Music Therapy Hospice Volunteers
13 people are interested
There's nothing quite like the power of music. For Hospice patients, music therapy provides much-needed physical and emotional relief. As a Music Therapy Volunteer, you'll be making a lasting and positive difference in someone's life. This is a great opportunity for not only music therapy students, but for anyone who enjoys playing music!
- Play music for Hospice patients to provide them with physical and emotional peace
- Provide companionship, active listening, bedside sitting, reading, etc.
- Provide own instrument
- Must be able to play an instrument (guitar, harp, violin, piano, etc)
- Reliable and punctual
- Compassionate, enthusiastic, and supportive
- Must be able to pass a background test and drug test
- Must have valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Bilingual a plus
**Please note that this is a recurring volunteer opportunity. We can work with your schedule, but are looking for at least a six month to one year time commitment.
To volunteer please call Cindy Gilcrest- Volunteer Program Coordinator 760-519-1339 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
10251 Vista Sorrento ParkwaySuite 270San Diego, CA 92121
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Relationship Building
- Music Arts
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week, but we're flexible!
- TB test (provided by Hospice of the South Coast).