Sewing, Quilters and Knitters Wanted! Help Make a Positive Difference for Hospice Patients!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Do you have skills in sewing, quilting or knitting? Would you like to make a difference for hospice patients? Hospice of the South Coast is seeking volunteers to make blankets, quilts, pillow cases, scarves, shawls, hats, socks, slippers for our patients in need of warmth and comfort.
Often times our patients, especially ones in facilities, are in need of cozy items to make them feel more at home and comfortable. These cozy items brighten up the patient's rooms and lives. They also add a personal touch in a cold medical environment.
- Create blankets, quilts, pillow cases, scarves, shawls, hats, socks, or slippers for patients
- Creative, skilled in knitting, crocheting, quilting, etc.
- Able to pass a drug test, background check, and TB testing (all of this provided free of charge by Hospice of the South Coast)
- Must be 18+
- Must have valid driver's license and current auto insurance
- Must be willing to complete training
If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact Cindy Gilcrest at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 760-519-1339.
We'll work with your schedule.
10251 Vista Sorrento ParkwaySuite 270San Diego, CA 92121
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week, but we're flexible!
- TB test (provided by Hospice of the South Coast)