Sewing, Quilters Crocheting, Knitting! Help Make a Positive Difference for Hospice Patients!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
23 people are interested
Do you have skills in crocheting, sewing, quilting or knitting? Would you like to make a difference for hospice patients? Hospice of the South Coast is seeking volunteers to make lap blankets, blankets, quilts, pillow cases, scarves, shawls, hats, socks, slippers for our patients in need of warmth and comfort.
Often times our patients, especially ones in facilities, are in need of cozy items to make them feel more at home and comfortable. These cozy items brighten up the patient's rooms and lives. They also add a personal touch in a cold medical environment.
- Create blankets, quilts, pillow cases, scarves, shawls, hats, socks, or slippers for patients
- Creative, skilled in knitting, crocheting, quilting, etc.
- Able to pass a drug test, background check, and TB testing (all of this provided free of charge by Hospice of the South Coast)
- Must be 18+
- Must have valid driver's license and current auto insurance
- Must be willing to complete training
If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact Cindy Gilcrest at email@example.com or at 760-519-1339.
About Hospice of the South Coast
10251 Vista Sorrento Parkway, Suite 270, San Diego, CA 92121, US
Hospice of the South Coast provides an individualized program of physical, emotional, spiritual, and practical care for people in the last phase of life-limiting illness, with emphasis on control of pain and other symptoms. We reflect a spirit and idea of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for the dying, making it possible for them to remain independent for as long as possible, and in familiar surroundings. The difference is our heart.
Hospice of the South Coast provides hospice services to people in the last phase of a life-limiting illness. Hospice of the South Coast believes that it is an honor to provide services to each person entrusted in our care and expect that anyone representing Hospice of the South Coast share in that belief. We believe that hospice care is our mission and we will provide the best possible care to each of our patients and their families.
We'll work with your schedule.
10251 Vista Sorrento ParkwaySuite 270San Diego, CA 92121
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week, but we're flexible!
- TB test (provided by Hospice of the South Coast)