Patient Care Volunteers - Make a Positive Difference!
22 people are interested
Make a positive difference in someone's life by serving as a Patient Care Volunteer! Patient Care Volunteers play an essential role in providing the patient and/or family with important emotional support and companionship. You will be visiting patients in their own residences, at assisted living facilities, or nursing facilities.
Please note that you will not be helping the patient with any type of medical care, medical assistance, and/or personal hygiene care. You are there to be a new friend and bring a smile to their face!
- Provide companionship through visiting, watching t.v., scrap-booking, talking, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing, reading, etc
- Take interest in the patient by engaging with him/her in sharing hobbies, gardening, table games, cards, crafts, listening to music, watching movies, discussing sports, travel, life stories
- Provide patient's caregiver and/or family with respite care in 2-4 hour blocks of time so that they can have a little break
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information related to patient and family
- Compassionate, reliable, punctual
- Good listener
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Must be able to pass background check
- Bilingual a plus
About Hospice of the South Coast
10251 Vista Sorrento Parkway, Suite 270, San Diego, CA 92121, US
Hospice of the South Coast provides an individualized program of physical, emotional, spiritual, and practical care for people in the last phase of life-limiting illness, with emphasis on control of pain and other symptoms. We reflect a spirit and idea of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for the dying, making it possible for them to remain independent for as long as possible, and in familiar surroundings. The difference is our heart.
Hospice of the South Coast provides hospice services to people in the last phase of a life-limiting illness. Hospice of the South Coast believes that it is an honor to provide services to each person entrusted in our care and expect that anyone representing Hospice of the South Coast share in that belief. We believe that hospice care is our mission and we will provide the best possible care to each of our patients and their families.
We'll work with your schedule.
10251 Vista Sorrento ParkwaySuite 270San Diego, CA 92121
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours per week
- TB test (provided by Hospice of South Coast). valid auto insurance