Bi-Lingual Database Administator - Spanish Programs
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
QUICK POSITION SYNOPSIS
Looking for excited, Spanish speaking self-starter to help us help others affected by mental illness, live better lives. With a focus on the Hispanic community, we seek to educate, normalize and make it okay to have what is a physical condition like any other. You will help us manage and maintain our volunteer and community partner data using our relationship and productivity platform. You will be trained to manipulate our data to get a good look at the success of our programs, people and community engagement activity. We're looking for someone who is able and willing to help build a more efficient and active Spanish Programs Team.
BE INSPIRED, WHILE HELPING OTHERS
When was the last time you volunteered and saved a life?
Well, when you volunteer with NAMI, that’s exactly what you’re doing.
With thousands and thousands of supporters nationwide, NAMI isn’t just another nonprofit.
NAMI is a MOVEMENT.
YOUR ROLE IN NAMI'S SPANISH PROGRAMS
NAMI’s Spanish Programs include free classes for individuals with mental illness or their loved ones. There are also support groups and "Ask the Expert" information meetings. Bringing these programs to life is impossible without the support of our Database Administrator.
- Develop Excel & Word tables to manage and maintain data.
- Migrate existing data and records to Google based depository and "Nationbuilder," the affiliate’s relationship/productivity management software system.
- Report class attendances and training participation to NAMI state and national offices via the internet.
- Develop process and protocols for Spanish Family Programs to facilitate communication, share information and coordinate activities within different areas of the Spanish Programs Team and the affiliate.
- Role-specific training and tools to help you succeed, along with guidance from the former successful Spanish Programs Director
- Paired up with a Relationship Manager whose sole responsibility is to be sure your volunteer experience is enjoyable
- Support and recognition for your achievements and contributions
- To volunteer alongside awesome people, make new connections, and add your rewarding volunteer experience to your resume/portfolio for career advancement
- A personal connection with mental health either through family, friends or personal ties
- Polished professionalism
- Reliable transportation
- A goals-oriented, leadership mindset, you enjoy sharing knowledge with others and advocating for important causes
- The ability to think critically about how to solve self-identified problems and execute solutions with approval
- The ability to perform and take initiative with minimal direction; you're a self-starter
- Experience with Salesforce helpful since we will eventually migrate to that system
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest volunteer-led grassroots organizations helping individuals affected by mental illness. At NAMI San Fernando Valley, we are proud to offer free support groups, educational programs, and outreach presentations to individuals and families affected by mental illness. We tirelessly fight the stigmatization of mental illness through our advocacy and outreach efforts to spread awareness in our communities. We want to make the world a better place for those with mental illnesses. Click "I want to help!" if you are interested in this incredibly rewarding volunteer opportunity. *Be sure to include your email address and phone number and we will be in contact within 48 hours*
Check us out here:
The programs and initiatives of National Alliance on Mental Illness - San Fernando Valley are staffed by talented volunteers who have the passion, drive and expertise necessary to fulfill our mission. NAMI SFV welcomes and appreciates individual differences and invites diversity in its broadest definition. We are devoted to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of transparency, authenticity, creativity, and kindness.
We'll work with your schedule.
21051 Nordhoff StreetLos Angeles, CA 91311
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- ERP / CRM
- Google Apps
- Donor Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8+ hrs/wk
- committed, reliable, experienced,