Assistant, Early Childhood Program
17 people are interested
Early Childhood Program Assistants embody the "Let's Science" attitude of the Maryland Science Center and assist in preparing materials for young children. 'Ready Set Go' is a program that travels from the Maryland Science Center to Head Start classrooms around Baltimore City, presenting science activities to preschool children.
- Inventory materials, and re-stock as needed
- Prepare bins of materials for instructors to take to classrooms
- Unpack instructor bins, clean, and put materials away
- Prepare take-home activities and materials for young students and their families
- Organized, attentive, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift at least 10 pounds, with some bending and kneeling
Schedule: An Early Childhood Program Assistant volunteer must commit to at least one 4-hour shift a week, although more time is always available. Shifts can be scheduled during business hours (9AM-5 PM), Sunday through Saturday, as fits the volunteer's schedule.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for more information and an application form. All volunteers must submit an application, and volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants (over the age of 18) must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
We'll work with your schedule.
601 Light StreetBaltimore, MD 21230
- Child Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour shift per week, for at least 6 months.