One-time Food Box Delivery
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
21 people are interested
Volunteer to Deliver Food Boxes
Each box contains approximately one week’s worth of non-perishable food weighing anywhere from 30lbs-40lbs as well as about 3-4 grocery bags of additional food such as bread, fresh produce and protein items when available. For many recipients, volunteers delivering their box is often one of the few visitors they receive, offering a bright spot in their difficult lives. By signing up to be a one-time Food Box volunteer, you can truly make a difference in the life of a fellow Utahn in need.
Food Box Volunteers can deliver a maximum of four boxes per vehicle , equating to roughly 2 hours of service. Delivering food boxes can be a great family volunteer activity! Many of our clients are individuals with low or compromised immune systems, we ask that if you are feeling ill that you do not sign up for this project.
Volunteer Requirements & Responsibilities
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older and be insured.
- Boxes are required to be delivered between the 5th and the 25th of each month.
- Deliveries must be made Monday - Saturday (no Sundays or holidays).
- All boxes must be personally delivered and may not be left outside the door.
- We recommend that deliveries be made by at least 2 people.
- Each delivery takes approximately 20 - 30 minutes to complete. We ask that you complete deliveries during the following hours:
- Mondays - Thursdays: 8AM-6PM
- Fridays: 8AM-4PM pm
- Saturdays: 8AM-1pm
If you have additional questions please contact the Volunteer Department at 801-887-1234.
About Utah Food Bank
3150 South 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84119, US
Fighting Hunger Statewide
For over 110 years, Utah Food Bank has stayed true to our objective of serving those in need throughout our state. We work tirelessly with community partners and volunteers to continue making an impact and fulfilling our mission of Fighting Hunger Statewide.
Last year, Utah Food Bank distributed 32.7 million meals via a statewide network of 149 partner agencies located in all 29 counties. In addition to being one of only a handful of food banks that distributes food free-of-charge to partner agencies, we also offer several direct service programs to help the most vulnerable populations in our state - children and seniors. By combining these direct service programs with our emergency food assistance services, we can truly impact the lives of Utahns who live in a world of food insecurity.
As Utah’s only member of Feeding America’s nationwide network of more than 200 food banks, we are proud to be a part of the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief organization
We'll work with your schedule.
3150 S 900 WSalt Lake City, UT 84119
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- One-time opportunity