Human Resources Director
The World is Fun
The world is Fun (TWIF)
The World is Fun is growing and we are looking for awesome people, just like you, to join our Board of Directors. Our mission is to get people involved in giving back to the Seattle community and our volunteer staff makes this all possible.
TWIF works within Seattle communities to create new opportunities for people to give back in a way that is social and philanthropic. We connect people to volunteer activities that fit each individual’s interests, passions, and busy schedules while introducing them to a new network of friends. Since 2009 TWIF has developed a network of over 15,000 volunteers, engaged over 100 businesses and nonprofits, and coordinated events resulting in thousands of hours of volunteer service. And we accomplished all of that with a 100% volunteer staff. Today TWIF continues to grow - partnering with more businesses, more nonprofits, and more volunteers every day.
For more information, please visit www.theworldisfun.org
The Director of Human Resources serves as a member of the leadership team, and provides expert knowledge and support to these leaders and the rest of management on Human Resource related issues, and provides input and support on the affiliate leadership team on general business issues.
- Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and communicates needs proactively with the Board of Directors to meet business objectives.
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal organizational opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Performs difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, and handling volunteer termination.
- Plan and conduct new volunteer orientation to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong management skills working in a team environment.
- A willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run.
Team Directors attend two monthly meetings and give 8-10 flexible hours per month with their role for a minimum of one year. We provide project management tools so you can have the flexibility and still collaborate with your team.
Apply here: https://www.theworldisfun.org/positions
TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The World is Fun
abc, Seattle, WA 11111, US
The World is Fun (TWIF) is dedicated to making volunteering fun & social for Seattle people, businesses & nonprofits by creating, promoting and expanding charitable events.
We’re not your grandparents’ charitable club. We’re a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization here to make volunteering a fun and social experience for Seattle people, businesses, and nonprofits. We seek to banish the ol’ bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore - it makes the world fun!
TWIF works within Seattle communities to create new opportunities for people to give back in a way that is social and philanthropic. We connect people to volunteer activities that fit each individual’s interests, passions, and busy schedules while introducing them to a new network of friends.