Backpack Meal Driver
10 people are interested
Backpack Meal Program
Our Backpack Program provided more than 900,000 meals to students in local schools in 2018, ensuring children and their families did not go hungry on the weekends. We pack nutritious food into non-descript bags and deliver them to schools to get them into the hands of kids who need them most.
The primary responsibility of this volunteer position is to transport backpack meals from the Harold Clark Simmons Compassion Center to local schools for designated disadvantaged children and youth.
- Assist and lead weekly or biweekly backpack deliveries to local area schools to provide for needy food in-secure children and youth.
- Organize bagged meals as prescribed by needs list for weekly backpack deliveries.
- Coordinate process and assist in routes and best delivery schedule of backpacks to local area schools.
- Work with local schools for continued enhancement of partnership regarding serving children and families.
- Deliver food in a OMC van, truck, or using a personal vehicle (optional).
We'll work with your schedule.
1015 Sikes BlvdLakeland, FL 33815
- People Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Min: 2 hours bi-weekly
- Local background check, Motor Vehicle report