Fall Farm Naturalist
3 people are interested
Help Cultivate Tomorrow’s Leaders!
Join the Oxbow Education (OxEd) team this season as we welcome hundreds of young learners to directly experience and relate to the natural world through sight, sound, touch, taste and smell! Our 75-minute hands-on Fall Farm Adventures are facilitated by farmers and volunteer instructors on Oxbow’s kid-friendly organic farm and living playground, nestled in the beautiful Snoqualmie Valley. By creating connections to, curiosity about, and confidence in nature, OxEd lays the foundation for future stewards of the Earth, giving people the tools and inspiration to cultivate their own relationship with their community, the food they eat, and the natural world.
Volunteer Naturalists lead tours with up to 12 kids (and their chaperones) after training with OxEd farmer educators, following our program curricula as well as allowing children’s passions and interests to guide their exploration. Only a moderate understanding of food and farming is needed, there will be plenty of opportunities to learn from our expert staff! When no tours are scheduled, volunteers are invited to gain hands-on experience assisting with seasonal tasks around the Kids’ Farm including weeding, harvesting, and planting of fall/winter crops.
- 35+ hours of community service
- Bring home the bounty- access to fresh, organic produce from the fields!
- Build your resume and gain skills facilitating outdoor environmental education with early learners
- Practice basic organic farming and habitat restoration/conservation techniques
- Inspire future generations to eat healthy foods, enjoy interacting with nature, and value conservation
- Connect to community members with similar interests and values, working as a team in a fun & collaborative environment
- One day per week (two tours/week) September through November
- Our programs run year-round, longer commitments are welcome!
- Must pass a basic background check
For more details & to apply, please visit
www.oxbow.org/volunteer or contact email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
10819 Carnation-Duvall Rd. NEPublic EntranceCarnation, WA 98014
- Child Development
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- One day/ two tours per week (about 3 hours)
- Regular weekly commitment Sept.-Nov. some flexibility around your schedule!