Seeking Program Directors in Burlington County for Literacy Work With Homeless Youth
8 people are interested
Looking for a way to give back in your community? Are you a natural leader? Then what are you waiting for? Volunteer as a Program Director today! Our Need2Read weekly literacy program resumes September 17th.
The Need2Read Program, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in the state of New Jersey that was created in November 2014 to fill the need for a supplemental resource for the children and families of Family Promise-Union County. Family Promise is an organization located in Elizabeth, NJ, that offers temporary and emergency housing to homeless families. In 2018 we are extending our program into Burlington County, NJ!
We are a volunteer-run organization and are looking to bring on board 2 Program Directors to lead our Wednesday night literacy program in Burlington County, NJ.
The Program Directors are responsible for:
- Overseeing our weekly literacy program known as Need2Read, on Wednesdays from 6:30pm-7:30pm at one or more locations throughout Burlington County, NJ. (No more than 3 locations)
- Creating lesson plans and activities as needed for each weekly session and youth group
- Facilitating weekly literacy activities between youth groups.
- Instructing literacy volunteers and interns on how to assist in facilitating activities, getting to know the children, and general rules.
- Signing any forms for community service/volunteering for the interns and community service students.
- Assist in developing lesson plans and acquiring supplies for implementation as needed (a stipend will be given for the purchasing of approved supplies as needed)
- Attending monthly support staff meetings and offering updates to the team.
This program seeks to revive the Need2Read in children and adolescents in an effort to promote a healthy view of the importance of literacy, creativity, and imagination.
We seek to aid in the academic and future professional success of our children by encouraging reading as a means to acquire developmentally appropriate social, emotional, cognitive, and language skills.
A Little More About The Need2Read Program, Inc.:
While our Wednesday night program, Need2Read, is named after our organization, The Need2Read Program, Inc. as an organization offers so much more! We proudly boast 7 current programs and services from our literacy program for homeless youth, to our book sharing program for schools and business, and let's not forget about our tutoring services for the homeless and recently homeless, our 7th grade service-learning program held yearly, or our after school high school clubs in Union and Essex Counties, and that's not all!
Volunteer with us today!
We'll work with your schedule.
Burlington County, NJBurlington, NJ 08016
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week