Storytime Assistants @ Children's Library
1 person is interested
We’re looking for friendly, energetic adults (ages 18 or older) who enjoy interacting with children and their caregivers during our toddler and preschool storytimes. Toddler Storytimes are held in the Children's Library’s Tree Top Room every Wednesday morning at 10:30 a.m. Preschool Storytimes are held in the Children's Library's Tree Top Room every Thursday morning at 10:30 am. The storytimes feature songs, movement, and books targetted to the age range for each storytime. The storytime is very well attended, often filling the room to capacity.
When?: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m., starting as soon as possible.
- Greet storytime attendees and direct them where to park their strollers
- Take a count of all attendees each week
- 'Participate' in storytime, modelling behavior for caregivers and children
- Help the librarian manage active children both during the storytime and at the end when they all receive stamps.
If you love children, families, and your local library, this is the volunteer opportunity for you -- get in touch!
We'll work with your schedule.
1276 Harriet StPalo Alto, CA 94301
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10:00-11:15 a.m. every Tuesday and/or Wednesday
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted (at no cost to the volunteer), must commit to at least 6 months.