Baby Storytime Assistant @ Children's Library
7 people are interested
We’re looking for friendly, energetic adults (ages 18 or older) who enjoy interacting with babies and their caregivers to be our Baby Storytime volunteers. Baby Storytimes are held in Children's Library’s Tree Top Room every Thursday morning at 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. The storytimes feature lap bounces, rhymes, fingerplays, songs, and books which appeal to babies age birth through 24 months. The storytime is very well attended, and the library hosts a "Stay & Play" session between the two storytimes, which allows the babies and their parents/caregivers to enjoy a social community time in the library.
When?: Thursdays 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., starting as soon as possible.
- Greet storytime attendees and direct them where to park their strollers
- Take a count of all attendees each week
- 'Participate' in storytime, modelling behavior for caregivers and children
- Help the librarian set out and clean up the toys for the "Stay & Play" session
- Clean the vinyl play structure weekly
If you love babies, families, and your local library, this is the volunteer opportunity for you -- get in touch!
1276 Harriet StPalo Alto, CA 94301
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10:00a.m.-12 p.m. every Thursday.
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted (at no cost to the volunteer), must commit to at least 6 months.