Caring Heart Visitor, Hospice Volunteer, Howards Grove WI
Volunteers are the HEART of Hospice. We are looking for kind caring individuals to provide companionship to our patients in end of life care. Patietns are located in facilities and homes in the Howards Grove area so there is likely a patient conveniently near you.
As a Hospice Companion Volunteer you may:
- Provide active listening and a caring presence
- Read a book or listen to their favourite music
- Play games or take walks as they are able
- Participate in life review or just hear their stories
- Be present while a caregiver rests
- Remember special days
- Laugh with them
- Or just hold their hand while they rest
Volunteers typically visit with a patient once a week for 1 - 2 hours. Scheduling is very flexible.Training is provided so you can be confident in doing an excellent job as a Companion Volunteer. You will develop soft social skills such as active listening and empathetic companionship. in a health care setting. This can reflect well on a resume.
If you are interested in doing something that will give back and be a heart expanding experience, call Robert Pamenter at 920 252-5066 or email Robert.Pamenter @ Aurora.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Various location in the Howards Grove areaHowards Grove, WI 53083
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Typically 1 2 hours per week. Flexible scheduling