Friendly Visitor, Hospice Volunteer, Plymouth WI
1 person is interested
Volunteers are the HEART of Hospice. We are looking for kind, caring individuals to provide companionship to our patients in end of life care. Patients are in facilities and homes throughout the Plymouth area so there is likely a person in need conveniently close to you. A visit brightens their day and lightens tour heart.
As a Hospice Visistor Volunteer you may:
- Provide active listening and a caring presence
- Read a book or listen to their favourite music
- Play games or take walks as they are able
- Participate in life review or just hear their stories
- Be present while a caregiver rests
- Remember special days
- Laugh with them
- Or just hold their hand while they rest
Volunteers typically visit with a patient once a week for 1 - 2 hours. Scheduling is flexible. Training is provided so you can be confident and comfortable in doing an excellent job as a Companion Volunteer. No patient cares are involved. You will develop soft social skills such as active listening and empathetic companionship in a health care setting. This can reflect well on a resume.
If you are interested in doing something that will give back and be a heart expanding experience, call Robert Pamenter at 920 252-5066 or email Robert.Pamenter@Aurora.org
About Aurora at Home Hospice
931 Discovery Rd, Green Bay, WI 54311, US
The Aurora at Home mission is to help you live well by bringing the future of health care to you, in the place you call home.
Aurora at Home will provide innovative, individualized, integrated, high quality home CARE, and be clearly recognized as the national home care leader.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various facilities and homes in the Plymouth areaPlymouth, WI 53073
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Typically 1 - 2 hours per week. Flexible scheduling
- Training is provided so you will feel confident in your role as a volunteer.