Food & Nutrition Assistant
39 people are interested
Directly combat hunger by assisting staff and volunteers working in the Interfaith Nutrition Center and Emergency Food Pantry. You will assist Interfaith’s Food & Nutrition Manager to lead the teams in achieving Interfaith’s goal of helping underserved and food insecure populations in North San Diego County. In FY17-18 alone, staff and volunteers distributed 23,714 emergency food kits to people in our community.
- Support Interfaith’s Food & Nutrition program staff and volunteers.
- Ease the hunger of a family or individual.
- Create more productive community members by ensuring they have nutritious food for themselves and their families.
- Allows individuals to focus on other goals such as finding employment, instead of worrying about their next meal.
- By allowing individuals to focus on other goals, you are aiding in their empowerment and helping them help themselves.
Visit our website, www.interfaithservices.org, to review the job description.
We'll work with your schedule.
550 West Washington AveEscondido, CA 92025
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least four hours per week.
- This is a great opportunity for a college internship!