Searching for Board of Trustees
11 people are interested
The Board of Trustees at The Montclair Inn is looking to expand! We currently have 8 board members and we are looking for more volunteers with specific areas of expertise. Most importantly, we are looking for individuals who are interested in supporting our mission. We are a small non-profit in the heart of Montclair, NJ that provides affordable housing for seniors ages 55+.
These are the skills that we are searching for:
1. A person (s) with a passion for fundraising who would work along with our Executive Director and plan our yearly major fundraiser and a few smaller events.
2. A person who has an interest in/passion for eldercare who would assist with keeping up with policies and trends in the eldercare industry.
3. A person who has a background in technology. to help our Executive Director with various online projects.
Each individual Montclair Inn Board Member is expected to
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- give a meaningful personal financial donation
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- participate fully in one or more committees
Thank you for your interest in The Montclair Inn!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
27 Hillside AvenueMontclairMontclair, NJ 07042
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 25
- Up to 5 hours per month