1 person is interested
Family Sponsorship Program Volunteer
1 person is interested
Beyond Borders is currently looking for a volunteer to help with our Family Sponsorship Program!
Under the direction of the Donor Engagement Director, the new Family Sponsorship Program Volunteer will support with improving and expanding our family sponsorship program that connects North American families with Haitian families working to lift themselves out of poverty.
She or he will play a key role in helping the to create, develop, and maintain sponsorship management tools, reporting and communications materials.
About Beyond Borders
Beyond Borders sees in Haiti the seeds for a new world where people overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, & act together, and where families & communities thrive on foundations of trust and mutual respect. With a mission to help people build social movements for liberation in Haiti,
Beyond Borders works to equip Haitians to end child slavery, to ensure quality primary education for all, to prevent violence against women and girls, and to secure sustainable livelihoods and economic justice for the most vulnerable. Learn more about Beyond Borders’ work on our website.
Family Sponsorship Program
In 2016, Beyond Borders piloted its Family Sponsorship Program, linking families in North America with Haitian families living in extreme poverty participating in an asset-based poverty reduction graduation program. Graduation programs are the first poverty eradication approach proven to be effective, sustainable and cost-efficient. Launched by BRAC in Bangladesh, it has been adapted by dozens of organizations working in many of the poorest parts of the world. Graduation programs give extremely poor families the training, resources and confidence needed to create sustainable livelihoods and rise from poverty to independence with dignity.
We are currently preparing for the graduation of the second group of Haitian Families participating in the program and gearing up for launching a new group of new families.
Core Functions and Duties of the Family Sponsorship Program Volunteer:
- Create user-friendly tools to support better management of information of sponsors and the Haitian families with whom they are partnered
- Support with organizing and classifying photos, stories and other materials collected from Haiti
- Create and/or update spreadsheets and databases of family sponsor information
- Help prepare reports for family sponsors and institutional donors
- Support with the gathering and creation of promotional and communication materials on the Family Sponsorship Program
- Support with special events aimed at recruiting more Family Sponsors
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Personal values that align with Beyond Borders’ vision for a future free of isolation and oppression in Haiti
- Strong organizational skills and capacity to problem-solve
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and Google applications, particularly spreadsheets, basic website applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-reliant and independent with exceptional time management capabilities
- Ability to generate and implement creative ideas
- Facility with Haitian Creole and/or French
- Flexible work schedule which includes occasional weekends and evenings
- Interest in issues of social justice, human rights and international development
- An understanding and commitment to Haiti
- Graphic design and video experience
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why this position interests you to Kristie van de Wetering at email@example.com with Application: Family Sponsorship Program Volunteer in the subject line.
Beyond Borders is an equal opportunity employer - diverse candidates including, people of color, women and members of other historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Remote work and flexible schedule available for the right candidate.
About BEYOND BORDERS INC
PO Box 2132, Norristown, PA 19404, US
Beyond Borders helps people build movements to liberate themselves from oppression and isolation. In Haiti and the United States, we are bringing people together for just and lasting change. We support movements in Haiti to: End child slavery, Guarantee universal access to education, End violence against women and girls, and Replace systems that oppress the poor with systems that support dignified work and sustainable livelihoods.
We see in Haiti, the seed for a new world, a world where,
- People overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, and act together,
- Women and men find more power by balancing power equally,
- Families and communities thrive on foundations of trust and mutual respect,
- Diversity is seen as a sign of strength,
- All children grow up surrounded by people who love, nurture, and educate them,
- We all find deeper meaning in our lives by coming to value truth over comfort, sharing over having, and justice over personal gain.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- Data Entry
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Hatian / Creole
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- +/- 15 hours/week