Lincoln: Student Internship, Communications and Marketing
2 people are interested
Communications and Marketing Student Internship Description
The internship program is designed to give participants firsthand experience in community engagement and relationship building, with special attention focused on efforts to increase concern and awareness about Alzheimer’s disease with the Communications and Marketing Department. The Communications and Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting with tasks to support creative services, marketing/social media, media development and engagement and public relations efforts.This is an excellent opportunity to improve your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, strengthen oral and written communication skills, improve marketing abilities, develop graphic design skills, and engage with media partners.
- Organize and edit e-mail and postal mail lists, and assist in mailing efforts
- Assist with rebranding of Chapter print materials
- Assist with production of fliers and other print collateral
- Designing and scheduling social media posts
- Writing e-newsletter articles and letters to the editor
- Tracking paid impressions for reporting purposes
- Tracking and reporting on social media statistics
Media Development and Engagement:
- Organizing and editing Chapter media list
- Building community calendar listing
- Posting events to community calendar
- Developing press releases for special events and services
- Visiting media partners and providing Alzheimer’s Association materials Public Relations
- Scanning media for applicable stories
- Engaging new constituents in understanding Alzheimer’s Association
- Working with spokespersons to cover events
- Developing spokesperson training content
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated success in communicating effectively, oral and written, in both large and small groups
- Proven initiative to research potential leads and make initial contact independently
- Demonstrated ability to self-start and problem-solve
- Highly motivated and creative
- Strong organizational skills
- Outgoing and personablle
- Progress toward Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Administration, Public Health, Non-Profit Management or related industry
- Previous work with marketing and developing content for distribution preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google
We strongly encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
The internship is 10-30 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Includes occasional weekends. The Alzheimer’s Association will work with the student to accommodate their schedule. School holidays and vacations will be respected.
- Orientation to the Alzheimer’s Association
- Event specific training as needed
This is a rewarding internship position in a great working environment with wonderful opportunities for professional growth. The Alzheimer’s Association will work with the college or university to provide proper credit and oversight. Financial compensation is not provided.
Application Process and Contact
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Communications
Phone: 402.502.4300, x 8256
If selected as a strong candidate for this internship, a formal application and Alzheimer’s Association agreements are required.
We'll work with your schedule.
1500 S. 70th StreetSuite 201Lincoln, NE 68506
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations
- Professional Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hrs/wk, M-F, for at least one semester
- Full Application, including review of resume, and interview required.