Lincoln: Communications and Marketing Volunteer
6 people are interested
The Communications Volunteer will help the Communications and Marketing Department at the Alzheimer’s Association Nebraska Chapter in efforts to promote the organization’s programs and support services, fundraising events, advocacy and public policy work, and general awareness of the organization. Specific duties will be performed under the guidance and oversight of a staff lead, with responsibilities to engage in one or more of the following communications initiatives:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Media Outreach: Work with staff to expand and enhance media relations efforts to place stories in local media outlets. Work may include introductions to local media leaders and contacts, monitoring media for news trends and identifying opportunities for proactive media outreach; regularly distributing community calendar listings using provided templates and media lists; drafting media pitches and customizing press material templates; submitting PSA content to radio stations and seeking other opportunities for donated advertising space.
- Social Media: Work with staff to create content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus. volunteer will receive training and social media policies to review, and all content will be reviewed and published by communications staff as approved.
- Writing/Copy Editing: Create and/or review written content for a variety of channels, including enews, blog, Chapter website, and print materials. Content may include a combination of personal profiles, general organizations updates, and Alzheimer’s and caregiver education information. All content will be outlined by staff prior to project and edited by Chapter communications staff prior to use.
- Event Photography: Take photographs at events such as Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Day at the Hill, education conferences and more for both archival purposes and social media use. Photography volunteers will work from a pre-determined shot list and may perform light editing if needed.
- Story Banking: Identify, document, and update list of people who would be willing to share their personal connection to Alzheimer’s disease with media, as event speakers, on social media or in other related content. Work includes reaching out to staff and other volunteers to identify potential individuals, then reaching out to those individuals to determine their willingness to share their story with a wider audience and documenting important facts and contact information
- Strategic Counsel: Provide high level, strategic and tactical guidance to the communications team. Ongoing input and participation on sub-committees or special projects are up to the volunteers discretion.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative support to Communications staff, including maintaining archive of media placements and media impressions, auditing print and online content for outdated information, and updating media distribution lists.
We'll work with your schedule.
1500 S. 70th StreetSuite 201Lincoln, NE 68506
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Graphic Design
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- will vary, but preferably a minimum of 3-4 hr/week