LAXceeders Student Volunteers
City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles World Airports
The LAXceeders mission is to empower students with skills to exceed within the aviation industry, while introducing students to the airport environment, developing communications skills and promoting community partnerships.
The LAXceeders Student Volunteer Program is committed to the enhancement of guest services. The program is comprised of good will representatives who provide high-level, personal assistance and information in a professional manner to guests using LAX.
LAXceeders Student Volunteers represent a very important segment of the airport’s elite team of volunteers. As student volunteer, you are free to set your volunteer schedule, but you must be prepared to fulfill your LAXceeders Student Volunteer Program commitments.
WHAT DO LAXceeders DO?
- Directly and positively influence the guest's experience at Los Angeles International Airport by providing airport information and assistance.
- Consistently and efficiently assist and provide information to airport guests in a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Meet the needs of our community through meaningful outreach and service.
- Volunteer a minimum of two (2) hours during the week or three (3) hours on the weekend each week, participate in training programs and meetings;
- Open to high school and college undergraduate students ages 16 to 24.
- Complete and pass Los Angeles World Airports’ (LAWA) fingerprint and badging process.
About City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles World Airports
205 World Way, LAWA VIP OFFICE THEME BUILDING, Los Angeles, CA 90045, US
The Volunteer Information Professional Program’s mission is to assist guests to ensure an efficient, hospitable and memorable LAXceptional Xperience. The personal touch is what guests remember most during their travels, and our Volunteers are truly exceptional at offering a smile, warm greetings and reliable information in what can be a challenging environment at times. The VIP Program is committed to providing excellent guest services. Positive one-on-one interactions are what make the difference, and that’s what the VIP program brings to LAX.
At LAX, we strive to make our guest visits efficient,
hospitable and memorable by providing modern,
world-class facilities, services and innovation that showcase
the ambiance and excitement of Los Angeles
and the lifestyle and warmth of sunny Southern California.