Community Advocates - Baytown Neighborhood Donor Center
3 people are interested
Community Advocates support the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center by raising awareness about their local Neighborhood Donor Center, encouraging their community to Commit for Life, and increasing donor participation by planning neighborhood blood drives.
For additional information about our volunteer program, please visit our website: http://www.giveblood.org/commit-for-life/as-a-volunteer/
Orientation is mandatory before volunteering.
Specific duties may include:
- Actively search for and attend community events to educate individuals about the need for blood donations and promote the Neighborhood Donor Center
- Attend monthly meetings
- Host quarterly Special Events at the Neighborhood Donor Center
- Post promotional materials around your community
- Search and secure community partners for donation to thank donor at Special Events
- Greet donors, offer refreshments and observe donors for potential post-donation reactions
- Thank donors for their lifesaving donations
- This type of volunteer opportunity requires initiative and creativity to create your own assignments! It is ideal for a regular donor who already has a relationship with their Neighborhood Donor Center staff.
About Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77054, US
IT IS OUR MISSION to partner with the community to help save and sustain lives by providing a safe supply of blood, blood components, and related services.
Commit for Life is a partnership between you and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center that is focused on saving lives today, and in the future.
Volunteers are an important part of helping save lives. The Blood Center depends on their support in many capacities and always is seeking more individuals to join our Volunteer Program. To Commit for Life as a volunteer, just follow these three easy steps:
You can ensure a steady blood supply is available for patients by committing to ongoing volunteer opportunities. Once you find the opportunity that best matches your type, commit to it.
Connect with us and your community.
Whether you prefer to hear from The Blood Center via email, phone, text or social media, we ask all of our Commit for Life volunteers to stay informed.
Spread the word.
Nothing is more powerful than hearing about the importance of blood donations from a Commit for Life volunteer.
Tell your friends and family how they can save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
5010 Garth Road, Suite 210Baytown, TX 77521
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training