Goal of the Project:
Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City' mission statement is "Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope".
The ReStore Engagement Coordinator will seek to build organizational capacity which in turn will assist us in our vision to fight poverty and provide shelter. These projects will insure the success of our five year plans to serve 2100 individuals and families. The Engagement Coordinator will contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities such as volunteer recruitment/retention programs and marketing strategies over the course of 4 months.
Objective of the Assignment
Assist Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City ReStores in the areas of marketing/Social Media, community engagement including volunteers and operational needs for the ReStore programs.
Volunteer Services Member Activities:
- Assist in developing, execute and document a volunteer recruitment, training and retention program for the ReStores.
- Research and implement best practices for standard volunteer management operating policies and procedures; craft new or updated volunteer program documents, newsletters and practices, based from other comparable affiliates.
- In conjunction with ReStore Volunteer Manager update and create online training for volunteer online training, registration and self-scheduling volunteer management system.
- Identify and build relationships with new volunteer resources with the goal of increasing our core volunteer group in the ReStores.
- Assist with the gathering and tracking of data relative to the success of the created programs which provide a monitoring tool for management.
ReStore Marketing/Social Media Member Activities:
- Develop, implement and document sustainable marketing and outreach strategies, which ultimately contribute towards an increase in unrestricted revenue from increased numbers of store purchases and donations.
- Manage and create social media accounts; work with the Marketing Manager to ensure that pages reflect our brand and culture.
- Develop and implement staff training to support our online social presence across the five ReStores and train in store staff to better participate in social media.
o 18 years of age or older
o U.S. Citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
o High School diploma or GED equivalent
o Basic computer skills
o Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Comfortable using social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc.)
o Ability to build relationships through strong interpersonal relation skills.
o Ability to work with a diverse group of people
o Driver’s license
o Public speaking experience
o Marketing Experience
o Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience.