Help Teach Computer Skills to Adult Immigrants!
8 people are interested
The BOSTON CHINATOWN NEIGHBORHOOD CENTER (BCNC) is looking for committed, tech-savvy individuals to assist in Monday computer classes for our adult ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) students! Help play a vital role in ensuring every student receives the individualized instruction and attention that they need in order to build their computer skills for their life, career, and educational goals.
- 2.5 hrs/wk for at least 6 months
- Monday mornings, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm OR Monday evenings, 6:00-8:30 pm
- Teach basic computer skills to a small group of BCNC Adult Education students under the guidance of the computer class instructor
- At least 18 years old
- Able to pass a CORI and SORI background check
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Have relevant teaching and/or tutoring experience
- Have experience working with immigrants, English language learners, and/or adult learners
- Proficient in the use of PCs, Chromebooks, laptops, smartphones, Moodle, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and/or other classroom technology
- Have excellent communication skills
- Culturally competent, open-minded, engaging, and patient
- Fluent in another language (helpful but not required)
As the largest social service provider for Asian families in the Greater Boston area, Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (BCNC) responds to community needs by delivering holistic, family-centered, and culturally competent programs to over 3,000 children, youth, and adults each year.
The BCNC Adult Education & Workforce Initiatives Program provides adult immigrants with the language and support they need to achieve social and economic self-sufficiency in the United States. Our services include English classes for immigrants with education and career goals, a customer service job training program for immigrants seeking entry-level employment, and an English class for parents and caregivers of K-12 children.
Our Boston site is a two-minute walk away from the Tufts Medical stop on the Orange and Silver Lines.
For more information, visit bcnc.net.
38 Ash StreetBoston, MA 02111
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Google Apps
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs/wk for at least 6 months