High Stakes Karaoke Event Planning Committee Member
If you’re a music lover, you’re in for a treat with Canopy Center’s high-stakes karaoke night! Stand Up and Sing for Kids is an annual event featuring performances by local celebrities as well as members of the audience. Enter your friends in the karaoke drawing, but be careful! If you don’t have your karaoke insurance, you might be next up on stage.
Even if you’re more of a behind-the-scenes type, this is a fun and entertaining event with a live and silent auction, hearty hors d’oeuvres, and a decadent dessert buffet. Beyond all of that it also serves a very important purpose. The proceeds from the event benefit the Canopy Center, an agency focused on child abuse treatment and prevention that serves over 500 people annually.
As a member of the Stand Up and Sing for Kids event planning committee, you would be contributing to the organizational and fundraising tasks leading up to the event, which are critical to its success and Canopy Center's funding. There will also be opportunities to provide support on the night of the event.
Please apply on our website: http://canopycenter.org/how-to-help/how-to-apply.html
If you have any questions or concerns about the position, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Potential Duties and Activities
- Package and send mass mailings to businesses for sponsorships and donations
- Make follow-up calls to solicit event sponsorships and donations
- Publicizing events to the community
- Assist with prep, set-up, clean-up, and other duties as needed during the event itself
- General office work related to event planning
- Attend planning meetings related to the event as needed.
- Commit to at least one 2-hour volunteer shift during the event.
- Complete a Volunteer Application, clear a background check, and attend a volunteer interview.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Warm, friendly demeanor and positive attitude. Displays professionalism in person and over the phone.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with fundraising and/or cold-calling for donations
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team that collaborates on ideas
- Must be flexible and able to work where needed
- Practice and gain office, fundraising, and event planning experience
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to support children and families who depend heavily on our agency for support
- Learn about the non-profit and human services field
1904 Winnebago StMadison, WI 53704
- Event Design & Planning
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18