Special Events Assistant for Community Events
24 people are interested
HI USA is looking for special event assistants to help us preparing for upcoming community-focused programs and events, including fundraising events, and general marketing of HI Boston and its mission to promote increased exchange and visibility in Boston. The volunteer in this role will gain valuable skills in relationship building, marketing, planning and organizing events, expense tracking, volunteer collaboration, and more.
Hostelling International USA (HI USA) is a nonprofit, member organization founded on an enduring belief in the power of travel to foster a deeper understanding of people, places, and the world around. HI USA promotes a dynamic community of global citizens who have the wisdom and humanity to actively make the world a better place.
- Assist in planning and managing events, including flow, ordering and organizing materials, catering, audio/visual, and other event details
- Conduct outreach and participant engagement on the web, including social media, and via email
- Analyze marketing plans and evaluation metrics
- Design and distribute digital & printed promotional materials (e.g. flyers, postcards)
- Track partner and sponsor relationships
- Compile and summarize comprehensive surveys/evaluations, and distill ideas/suggestions/quotes for use
- Update event calendar
- Hands-on, practical and creative experience in a non-profit, community-based educational association in the travel industry
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Broad-based view of local Boston businesses and communities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, and intercultural communication
- Events and communications writing/design portfolio compilation
About Hostelling International Boston
19 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116, US
To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.
Looking to go global but still stay local? Then come volunteer at Hostelling International Boston and help travelers from all over the world find their way around America's most historic city.
Hostelling International Boston (HI-Boston) is the third largest hostel in the United States, and is centrally located between the Chinatown and Theater Districts of Boston. HI-Boston is a division of Hostelling International USA (HI-USA) all of which are part of a worldwide, not-for profit organization dedicated to advancing the cultural interchange by facilitating worldwide travel. HI-Boston has operated a hostel in Boston since 1983 and opened a new hostel in June 2012. The new hostel is anticipated to bring more than 46,000 visitors to Boston each year, 60 percent of which will be international guests coming from over 85 countries. The facility has been constructed to LEED certification standards and is committed to a green initiative. HI-Boston is dedicated to its community and provides a location and outreach programming where Boston youth are educated about global cultures. For more information: www.bostonhostel.org
We'll work with your schedule.
19 Stuart StreetBoston, MA 02116
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- To be determined in collaboration with volunteer
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required for events