Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Response Team Volunteers
16 people are interested
The Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Response Team (DVRT/SART) is a twenty-four hour a day, seven-day a week program created to assist victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. DVRT/SART volunteers work directly with clients during crisis situations involving domestic violence and sexual assault. Team members will be called upon to assist victims at the police station or hospital to ensure immediate emotional support, information and referrals. The goal of the program is to provide victims with the knowledge to make informed decisions based upon the options available to them. DVRT/SART volunteers work cooperatively with local police departments and the hospital to ensure immediate emotional support, information and referrals.
DVRT/SART volunteers are required to attend Victim Counselor training provided by the agency and maintain client confidentiality. Under N.J.S.A. 2A:84A-22, advocates have Victim Counselor privilege which affords them the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Trainings will be provided every Tuesday and Thursday at 6pm March 12 - May 16, 2019.
About SAFE in Hunterdon
47 East Main Street, Flemington, NJ 08822, US
In an atmosphere of professionalism and excellence, our mission is to:
- Reduce the prevalence of intimate violence in society.
- Provide safety through free and confidential services for victims and survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault including all ages, genders, cultures, religions and sexual orientations.
- Empower victims, survivors and their families to live enriched lives free from violence.
- Heighten our community's awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault through risk reduction education.
SAFE in Hunterdon is a not-for profit agency serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
We'll work with your schedule.
47 E Main StFlemington, NJ 08822
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours a month for at least one year.
- Must live in Hunterdon County