INTERN - Volunteer Coordinator/Programs Asst (Bi-Lingual preferred)
7 people are interested
The Fallbrook Food Pantry is a non-profit organization, dedicated to serving low-income families nutritious healthy food, since 1991. FFP is seeking two (2) enthusiastic and compassionate interns who are good listeners, have an empathetic attitude, are organized and thorough. The best part is that we will work with your school schedule. Please review duties below and let us know that you're interested!
Volunteer Coordinator duties:
- Seek New Volunteers
- Manage Sign-up/Registration
- Conduct New Volunteer Orientations
- Volunteer Appreciation Program
- other duties as necessary
- Assist Programs Manager with tasks related directly to programming (daily distribution, neighborhood distribution, EFAP, senior EFAP, Victory Outreach, Project Touch, Cooking Matters)
- Assistance with Special Events (M&M Charity Dinner, Race To End Hunger, Hunger Awareness Month, Adopt-A-Family)
- Administrative tasks
- other duties as necessary
- Must be a current student seeking volunteer hours to meet class/professor criteria
- Available for a minimum of 100 hours
- Attend a 30-minute orientation
- Computer proficient
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Personable, friendly, team player
- Previous volunteer experience preferred, but not necessary
- Fluent in Spanish and English is preferred
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FALLBROOK FOOD PANTRY
1042 S MISSION RD, FALLBROOK, CA 92028, US
OUR VISION The Fallbrook Food Pantry envisions a community where the pain and suffering caused by hunger do not exist. We envision a community where those in need have access to an adequate and nutritious supply of food. OUR MISSION We are a not for profit organization primarily staffed by volunteers. Our specific mission is to provide an adequate and nutritious supply of food to individuals in our community who are in need.
The Fallbrook Food Pantry distributes over 1-million pounds of food, annually, to our local community of Fallbrook and surrounding cities, in need. Feeding over 25,000 households which equates to more than 40 percent of our distribution feeds children and nearly 40 percent is helping our senior citizen with monthly commodities. We provide a well-balanced and nutritious menu, weekly, and we are very proud to offer each household with over 20 pounds of fresh produce each and every week, in addition to non-perishable products.
We are striving to reduce the hunger footprint in North County San Diego and with your help we can make this a reality! Please consider volunteering your time, talents and/or services with the Fallbrook Food Pantry...because when you are hungry, nothing else matters.
We'll work with your schedule.
140 N. Brandon RoadFallbrook, CA 92028
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week