This internship position will support The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Campaign. This fall, we have two Light the Night Walks. One is located in Dallas, the other in Frisco. These walks are a way to remember the ones we've lost, the ones currently fighting their battle with cancer, and to support the mission to CURE blood cancers. Why LLS: How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for your internship?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. As an intern, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure?leukemia,?lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and?myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS brings a new perspective to the word "work." Overview: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), North Texas Chapter is seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to support the Light The Night campaign. The intern(s) in this position will help increase overall awareness for LLS’s mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Selected intern will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations. Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, Social Work or other related areas of study. However, all majors are considered for the position. THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT WE CAN CONSIDER FOR COURSE CREDIT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating logistical aspects of various events such as securing in-kind donations, recruiting volunteers, preparing event materials, making phone calls, etc.
- Helping with event day logistics
- Prepare mailings and marketing material to be sent to potential participants and donors
- Aid in volunteer management
- Recruiting and retaining participants and teams through phone calls, e-mails, and face-to-face meetings
- Customer support, such as email contact, mailing supplies, technical support, and fundraiser visits etc.
- Support campaign staff, as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively/appropriately via phone and email to a diverse array of audiences; including, but not limited, to businesses, patients, and fundraising participants
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to create a plan, execute, and meet deadlines
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Basic knowledge on composing and submitting press releases
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, social media savvy
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events
- Travel within the chapter's designated area
- Requirement may include attendance at evening or weekend events
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment