Be the Voice for a Child!
166 people are interested
Our mission is to be the bridge between the most vulnerable in our community and volunteers who make a difference! You will have the opportunity to work with foster youth and at-risk youth/families by dedicating at least one hour of your time each week through our three volunteer-driven programs:
1. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
2. Placer Mentors (Youth and Family)
Our ultimate goal is to see an increase in community wellness as a whole. We want to see our youth/families make better life choices, succeed in school, and become happy, stable, contributing adults! We also want our volunteers to feel a sense of deep personal satisfaction through their participation in this life-changing experience!
To get started, you will need to attend an informational orientation meet-up. To see the dates we have scheduled for this month please go to: http://casaplacer.org/events/list
After attending an orientation, you can complete an application at: casaplacer.org/volunteer and someone from our program will be in contact with you shortly to schedule an interview. Should you be accepted into our program you will be required to get your fingerprints done, attend in-class training, complete the independent study material, and court observation (combined it is about 30 hours total).
We hope to hear from you soon and have you join our team! Please provide us with your name, email, and phone number so we can schedule you for an informational orientation meet-up and you can get started as soon as possible!
About Child Advocates of Placer County
3715 Atherton Rd. Suite 1, Rocklin, CA 95765, US
Our mission is to be the bridge between the most vulnerable in our community and volunteers who want to make a difference.
We serve our community through three volunteer-driven programs:
1) Placer CASA, which trains and assigns volunteers to be Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) who then serve children in foster care, ensuring that they have a voice in the courtroom and their needs are met,
2) Placer Mentors, which assigns volunteer Mentors to at-risk youth (ages 8-18) and former foster youth (ages 18-24) who are transitioning into adulthood without families to help support them, and to parents who are struggling to maintain their families, and
3) Prosper Placer, which, in collaboration with local area churches, helps working families who are living below the poverty level find financial prosperity.
We'll work with your schedule.
3715 Atherton Rd. Suite 1Rocklin, CA 95765
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Crisis Intervention
- Life Coaching
- Mental Health
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours of training
- 1 hour a week with youth, 12 hours of continuing education a year