During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The Reconnection Workshop Associate provides free courses to military, veterans, and their families in various community-based settings. Volunteers teach an array of structured skill-building classes to help service members and veterans--as well as their families and support systems--identify and cope effectively with the unique challenges that arise after a deployment.
* Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
* Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans and their families
* Work under the supervision of Regional SAF Lead
* Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
* Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
* Record volunteer hours per Red Cross policy
Time Commitment: Facilitate at least two workshops per year
* Must be a either: a current school psychologist, a current school counselor, a current psychiatric nurse, or a licensed mental health professional--hold a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
* Available to mentor and co-teach training with new RW facilitators
* Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
* Masters level or above mental health degree
Sign-up to volunteer today at www.redcross.org/volunteer or email questions to Kori Ahola at Kori.Ahola@redcross.org or (760)574-4629
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
January 20, 2020