During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The American Red Cross’ Reunification function provides human and technological resources to reconnect individuals as quickly as possible following a disaster or incident. Mechanisms include facilitating communication through the Safe and Well website, acting upon urgent requests including unaccompanied minors and separated children, reestablishing contact with family members who have been separated within the disaster area and working with partners to resolve reunification-related inquiries.
* Facilitate access to connectivity and communication to support reunification efforts.
* Assist clients in registering on the Safe and Well website and other reunification databases, posting their
status on social media sites, facilitating phone calls for separated individuals.
* Conduct comprehensive searches for Emergency Welfare Inquiries and Family Reunification Requests.
* Follow procedures for Unaccompanied Minors and Separated Children.
* Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
* Providing feedback on disaster impact and community recovery, collecting essential elements of information.
* Providing accurate reporting of reunification activity as assigned.
Time Commitment: Scheduled on a rotating basis and/or on-call depending on number of emergencies.
* Good organizational skills, responsible and punctual.
* Demonstrated active listening skills.
* Demonstrated ability to implement Standards and Procedures and follow associated job tools including
* Demonstrated ability to interact with community members in a clear, compassionate manner.
* Demonstrated ability to involve appropriate others in managing problems and conflict.
* Ability to acquire, evaluate, and report information accurately.
* Commitment to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
* Ability to coordinate effectively with governmental and non-governmental partners
* Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy,
* Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Ability to lift / carry 20 lbs. multiple times/shift.
* Ability to stand and or sit for two-hour periods, and walk for two miles during a shift.
* Ability to bend or stoop multiple times.
* Ability to work in extreme heat and/or humidity and/or extreme cold.
* Ability to climb two or more flights of stairs.
* Ability to speak clearly on phone and in person.
* Ability to drive in day time and at night.
* Ability to work for long periods on computer and/or reading small print and/or writing.
Sign-up to volunteer today at https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=rco_opportunity_browse_list or email questions to Korhi Ahola at Kori.Ahola@redcross.org
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
January 20, 2020