3 people are interested
Volunteers are needed to ensure the smooth operation of the SERVE program of Northern Virginia Family Service. This will ensure that we are able to continue to serve the needs of our community who come to us for assistance with homelessness, housing, food, etc. Volunteers will:
- Travel to secure donations in agency vehicle (approximately 2-3 times a week)
- Assist with office updates (including moving furniture and ongoing maintenance) at properties in and outside of Prince William County (approximately 15 miles)
- Assist with transporting of vehicles to/ from shop for maintenance service and to other NVFS program locations.
- Lightbulb replacement and other light handyman duties.
- Volunteers must at least 21 years of age
- Have and willing to use own tools
- Must pass background check and provide DMV record
- Some maintenance experience preferred
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to lift at least 25-50 pounds
- Comfortable working with small group
- Must be comfortable on ladders
- Secure donations for programs and thrift shops to support our clients
- Learn how a nonprofit’s in-kind and operations program work
- Great for getting experience for resume
About Northern Virginia Family Service
10455 White Granite Drive, Suite 100, Oakton, VA 22124, US
To empower individuals and families to improve their quality of life, and to promote community cooperation and support in responding to family needs.
Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) is dedicated to helping individuals and families find new paths to self-reliance and brighter futures. Over 36,000 individuals and families turn to us each year for support in the following areas:
- Early Child Development
- Workforce Development
- Health & Mental Health
- Intervention and Prevention
- Child Placement
- Legal Services
Programs include job training, homelessness prevention, counseling, affordable medical care referrals, foster care, debt management and child abuse prevention.
We'll work with your schedule.
SERVE10056 Dean DriveManassas, VA 20110
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours 1 or 2 days a week