17 people are interested
Deliver groceries to our downtown neighbors on foot!
ORGANIZATION: Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
The Pike Market Food Bank delivers about 100 grocery bags per week to our hungry homebound neighbors.
We are looking for volunteers to deliver 20 - 40 of these bags on foot to a set list of our clients in and around the Pike Place Market.
- Fully Vaccinated
- Available on Fridays for 1-3 hours in the morning
- Empathetic and respectful of disabled and homebound people
- Passionate about making sure our downtown neighbors are getting the nutrition they need
- Comfortable lifting up to 25lb and handling a loaded cart on public sidewalks
- Able to pass a background check (administered by PMFB at no cost to you)
- Able to make a 2-3 month commitment
- Schedule an interview session to explain the role
- Train you on the route with a staff member
- Pack the non-perishable items in the bags before you deliver them (staff will give guidance and assistance on packing perishable items the morning of delivery)
- Ensure you have the proper support on your designated route, be it a helper on route or in packing assistance.
TOGETHER WE WILL...
- Make sure that our neighbors get the nutritious food they need!
- Support each other by each lending a hand and making the food bank a welcoming place.
- morning / 09:30 AM to 11:45 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank
85 PIKE ST STE 200, SEATTLE, WA 98101, US
In downtown Seattle, the Pike Market Senior Center strives to make each day better and safer for older adults; the Pike Market Food Bank serves people of all ages who face hunger. Together, we provide services, activities, and support that lead to more self sufficient and fulfilling lives.
The Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank is located in the historic Pike Place Market. We have been serving our neighbors in the heart of Seattle since 1978.
The Senior Center serves people age 55 and up. Membership is free and there are no fees for meals, services or regular activities. While people from all walks of life are members of PMSC, we are pioneers in offering senior center programming to elders who are homeless.
The Food Bank serves people of any age, offering free groceries, ready-to-eat food for clients experiencing homelessness, and home delivery for qualified residents of Downtown Seattle. We serve 800 in-person grocery clients weekly and distribute over 300 grocery deliveries.
1531 Western AveInside Public Market Parking Garage Level 5SeattleSeattle, WA 98101
May 2, 2022
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 3 hours per week on Friday mornings
- Physical requirements: lift up to 25lb standing, handle a loaded cart on hills