Deliver groceries to our hungry downtown neighbors!
9 people are interested
In addition to serving over 700 guests a week on location, the Pike Market Food Bank also delivers about 100 grocery bags per week to our hungry homebound neighbors. We are looking for volunteers to deliver 10 - 40 of these bags by car or on foot to a set list of our clients in the downtown Seattle area.
- passionate about making sure our downtown neighbors are getting the nutrition they need
- a safe driver with a valid license and your own vehicle OR a safe walker able to pull a cart loaded with delivery bags in the Pike Place Market area
- able to lift up to 20 lbs and carry from car to apartment units, may involve stairs
- empathetic and respectful of disabled and homebound people
- able to pass a background check (administered by PMFB at no cost to you)
- available on most Fridays for 1 - 3 hours (depending on how many bags you would like to deliver)
- willing to consider a 3 month commitment for deliveries
- schedule an interview session to explain the role
- train you on the route with a staff member
- pack the bags before you deliver them (although you are welcome to help if you'd like)
- send you with a delivery helper if you'd like, or you can bring a friend to help deliver
TOGETHER WE WILL...
- make sure that our neighbors get the nutritious food they need!
- free up time for our food bank van to pick up more food for all our clients
- work towards moving people from our delivery waitlist to receiving food
About Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank
85 PIKE ST STE 200, SEATTLE, WA 98101, US
In downtown Seattle, the Pike Market Senior Center strives to make each day better and safer for older adults; the Pike Market Food Bank serves people of all ages who face hunger. Together, we provide services, activities, and support that lead to more self sufficient and fulfilling lives.
Pike Market Food Bank has been around since the 70s but we are always trying to make improvements for our guests. We are open for volunteers Monday through Friday 9am - 3pm and Wednesdays 9am - 6:00pm. Volunteers can help with all sorts of projects, from picking up donations from Pike Market vendors to delivering grocery bags to homebound clients to stocking shelves and serving guests who come in for groceries.
We serve groceries to about 700 people per week and another 100 receive grocery deliveries. However, we see more people needing our services every day. We can only keep up with this need with support from our neighbors like you! If you would like to donate your time as a delivery driver, general labor, or other skills, please don't hesitate to reach out.
We'll work with your schedule.
1531 Western AveInside Public Market Parking Garage Level 5Seattle, WA 98101
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 3 hours per week on Fridays