*** Sign-up to volunteer here: http://bit.ly/1L1LikE ***
Foodmobiles are mobile food pantries focused on alleviating hunger among vulnerable populations. Volunteers are needed to set up the food distribution area, hand out product to recipients, help recipients carry product to their cars, and clean up after distribution is complete. Every distribution has at least one Captain. This is a volunteer who has been trained on Foodmobile distributions and will be the main contact and volunteer coordinator on the day of the distribution. All volunteers should meet at the Foodmobile site. A short orientation will be provided by a Foodmobile Captain or EIF Staff member on-site at that time.A sensitivity of working with vulnerable clients and respect for all is requested. Our ultimate goal is to create an environment where people are comfortable enough to accept help.
Please be sure you have filled out our Volunteer registration form here: https://eifoodbank.org/action/volunteer/
- Proper attire for volunteer activities: t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, shorts and closed-toe shoes. Volunteers wearing sandals, flip flops or other open-toes shoes will not be allowed to participate in volunteer activities. All distributions are held rain or shine!
- Please arrive on time. Explaining instructions to one full group is easier on us and expedites the set up process allowing for distribution to happen on time and in an efficient manner. Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from the distribution site. Please park away from the main entrance.
- Any volunteer 10- 13 should be accompanied by a responsible adult; one adult per each child. We regret we cannot accommodate volunteers under the age of 10 for Foodmobile activities.
- We heavily depend on volunteers to make our Foodmobiles a success so if you can't attend please delete your sign up through SignUpGenius.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 10
- 3.25 hrs.
- Must be able to provide transportation to and from site