Oncology Salon Volunteer
1 person is interested
Role Summary & Anticipated Outcome
Wellness House envisions a community where all people affected by cancer thrive. Offered at no cost, and as a complement to medical treatment, our programs educate, support and empower participants so they will improve their physical and emotional well-being.
As an Oncology Salon Volunteer, you will be providing services as part of our salon, spa and wig boutique.
- Meeting with participants impacted by cancer to understand needs and preferences for their wig, including cutting and styling.
- Providing hair styling appointments for participants as hair grows in post-treatment
- Providing head-shaving services, as needed
- Creating a warm, supportive experience for participants and their family members or friends
- Building relationships with our participants, listening to needs, and creating a plan, together
- Maintaining personal work station and tools
Staff responsibilities to Volunteers
- Provide training on Wellness House and policy/procedure
- Be available for any questions or concerns
Qualifications and Skills
- Current License of Cosmetology
- Commitment to mission of Wellness House
- Strong relationship-building skills and organization
- Experience with oncology population preferred
- Must not have attended programs at Wellness House as a participant within the last 6 months
- One-year commitment
- Minimum of 2 appointments a month
- Creating a positive, warm environment for participants will increase quality of services and possibly lead to retention of participants and/or recruitment of new participants
- Wellness House Volunteers will increase communication, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills. Volunteers will become a part of the volunteer community at Wellness House.
We'll work with your schedule.
131 N County Line RdHinsdale, IL 60521
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Appointments a month