6 people are interested
Oncology Salon Volunteer
6 people are interested
Role Summary & Anticipated Outcome
Wellness House envisions a community where all people affected by cancer thrive. Offered at no cost, and as a complement to medical treatment, our programs educate, support and empower participants so they will improve their physical and emotional well-being.
As an Oncology Salon Volunteer, you will be providing services as part of our salon, spa and wig boutique.
- Meeting with participants impacted by cancer to understand needs and preferences for their wig, including cutting and styling.
- Providing hair styling appointments for participants as hair grows in post-treatment
- Providing head-shaving services, as needed
- Creating a warm, supportive experience for participants and their family members or friends
- Building relationships with our participants, listening to needs, and creating a plan, together
- Maintaining personal work station and tools
Staff responsibilities to Volunteers
- Provide training on Wellness House and policy/procedure
- Be available for any questions or concerns
Qualifications and Skills
- Current License of Cosmetology
- Commitment to mission of Wellness House
- Strong relationship-building skills and organization
- Experience with oncology population preferred
- Must not have attended programs at Wellness House as a participant within the last 6 months
- One-year commitment
- Minimum of 2 appointments a month
- Creating a positive, warm environment for participants will increase quality of services and possibly lead to retention of participants and/or recruitment of new participants
- Wellness House Volunteers will increase communication, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills. Volunteers will become a part of the volunteer community at Wellness House.
About Wellness House
131 N County Line Road, Hinsdale, IL 60521, US
Wellness House envisions a community where all people affected by cancer thrive. Offered at no cost, and as a complement to medical treatment, our programs educate, support, and empower participants so they will improve their physical and emotional well-being.
We’re a warm, welcoming home filled with people and programs that are here to help. With support groups, classes, social events, and much, much more, Wellness House was built to give back the strength and control that cancer can take away.
131 N County Line RdHinsdale, IL 60521
July 16, 2021
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Appointments a month