Community Presenters and Outreach Volunteers Needed!
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Do you consider yourself an extroverted person? Do you enjoy meeting new people from various walks of life? Are you comfortable with public speaking and giving presentations? Volunteer with HICAP!
The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) is a volunteer-supported program that provides free counseling and educational services, for older adults and their families, to navigate the maze of Medicare. HICAP provides free and unbiased assistance to Medicare beneficiaries for Riverside, San Bernardino, Inyo and Mono Counties.
The volunteer position for Community Presenters & Outreach consists of the following duties:
- Educates Medicare beneficiaries, caregivers, and professionals about Medicare benefits and rights
- Assists in handing out HICAP program information materials at health fairs, special events, information tables and presentations
- Passes out flyers and general information on Medicare to the public
- Provides presentations from small to large groups at senior centers, community groups, and other locations throughout Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
Please note that HICAP's demographic covers large areas of both Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. Outreach assignments will vary in different cities throughout the counties. HICAP's hours of operation are on weekdays from 9 AM - 4 PM. Some evening and weekend work may be assigned. A driver's license and reliable transportation are required. HICAP provides mileage reimbursement to volunteers upon documentation of vehicle usage to Outreach events. If you have further questions, please contact us at (909) 256-8369. We look forward to meeting you!
We'll work with your schedule.
9121 Haven Ave.Suite 220Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training