Institute for Immigrant Concerns
Institute for Immigrant Concerns, a not-for-profit providing ESOL classes for adult immigrants and refugees, started in 1997, is looking for an experienced accountant. We need an accountant as soon as possible.
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting process for the organization
- Prepare Journal Entries
- Bank reconciliation
- Prepare annual financial reports
- Manage & reconcile petty cash
- Prepare and file federal (Form 990EZ) and local taxes (CHAR500 and NYC)
- Finding new ways to organize files and data
- Improving existing and creating new processes
- DYCD Government Contract management
- 2+ years of accounting and/or bookkeeping experiences.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent experiences or majoring in Accounting
- Accounting software experience
- Understanding of double entry system.
- Knowledge about filing federal and local taxes.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel).
- Highly organized.
- Experiences working for a non-profit organization
- Experiences in school operation
- Government contracts knowledge
Work volume is not high so your hours will be flexible.
Please send us your resume, and we will contact you.
About Institute for Immigrant Concerns
122 W 27th St, Floor 10, New York, NY 10001, US
The mission of the Institute for Immigrant Concerns is providing adult immigrants and refugees of all nationalities with English language skills, as well employment preparation and placement, so that they can gain social and economic independence. In addition we provide pro bono psychological services to refugees and those who most need it. The Institute is a citywide program, attracting students who reside in every borough of New York City.
Since its inception in 1997, the Institute has provided services to more than 8,000 immigrants, refugees, and asylees from 110 countries. Annually, we serve over 500 immigrants in New York, 25% of whom are refugees and asylees. The Institute offers English classes on three instructional levels, as well as conversation, pronunciation, and computer classes. We are currently co-located with a local worker's education non-profit.