Volunteer Board of Directors – Board Member – Development Disabilities (DD) Expertise
2 people are interested
Job Description: Developmental Disabilities Services Professionals Needed
A high level professional currently or previously in the field of mental and physical disabilities.
Ideally we’re looking for individuals with experience in the Development Disabilities (DD) field including instruction, day services, residential services, and community-based services who can take a leadership role to advocate for and identify fund supports for people with developmental disabilities and their families. We need someone who is knowledgeable about key industry trends and can inform our Board about progressive developmental disability researchers, and practitioners, and evidence-based practices both locally and nationally so that LTI will be on the cutting edge of forward - thinking program offerings and the agency of choice for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Understanding of the California developmental disabilities service system including the Lanterman Act, Individual Program Plan (IPP) process, Individual Service Plans (ISPs), and programs and services for adults with developmental disabilities.
- Understanding of program models currently served by Las Trampas including:
- Adult Development Programs
- Adult Vocational Programs
- Independent Living Services
- Supported Living Services
- Alternative/Adult Residential Model
- Understanding of the regulations for adult services including California Code of Regulations, Title 17
- Understanding of program licensing requirements for facility-based programs (day programs and adult residential) including California Code of Regulations, Title 22
- Understanding of the needs of individuals moderately to profoundly impacted by developmental disabilities including intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, autism, seizure disorder, and other qualifying disabilities
- Understanding of programmatic features for adult services, particularly in the areas of evidence-based curriculums, teaching techniques and strategies, activities of daily living, speech and language pathology, assistive technology and alternative and augmentative communication, etc.
- Experience in the development and operations of adult program services is preferred.
Board Member Responsibilities
Las Trampas is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that supports adults with developmental disabilities to discover their capabilities and to lead full lives in their home, at work, and in the community.
The Las Trampas Board of Directors is composed of leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Serving on the Las Trampas Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about supporting adults with development disabilities to discover their capabilities and to lead full lives in their home, at work, and in the community.
Board members are expected to have financial acumen to read and understand Las Trampas’ financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
Board members are expected to attend 8 Board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
Board members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Las Trampas to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders, as well as directly invest in Las Trampas’ work by making a personal contribution each year.
Board members are expected to responsibly represent Las Trampas to their respective communities and to advocate for Las Trampas’ mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
We'll work with your schedule.
3460 Lana LaneLafayette, CA 94549
- Special Needs
- Community Outreach
- Meet 4th Wednesday of Every Month for 2 Hours
- Passion for our Mission of Serving Adults with Developmental Disabilities