44 people are interested
Mixed Media Studio Volunteer
44 people are interested
Educational Alliance’s Manny Cantor Center-a vibrant and diverse community center on the Lower East Side-has ongoing, recurring, and one-time volunteer roles that provide meaningful support to our critical programs. We are a Certified Service Enterprise, meaning we strategically engage volunteers’ time and talent to fulfill our mission. As a volunteer you are a Changemaker, joining a movement of engaged New Yorkers taking action to strengthen the Lower East Side .
The Educational Alliance Art School is one of New York City’s premier community art schools, offering high-quality instruction in the visual arts. For nearly a century, the School has provided opportunity for creative expression, skill acquisition, and arts appreciation for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and ages.
WHAT IS YOUR COMMITMENT?
- Make sure all students feel welcomed and set up for drawing, painting or printmaking
- Available to assist with general questions and troubleshooting
- Create your own work in the studio to inspire students
- Ensure the safety of all students in the studio during Open Studio hours
- Monitor the students during clean up
- Commit to a minimum of one three hour session per week. Open Studio hours vary on weekdays and weekends.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Complete Volunteer Application: https://mannycantor.org/mcc-changemakers/volunteer-opportunities/create-volunteer-profile/
- Screening Call with Volunteer staff
- Meeting with Art School staff
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof will be required.
APPLY TO BE A VOLUNTEER IF YOU...
- Are comfortable and have experience in Fine Arts and Painting
- Want to give back to the community
- Ability to make an ongoing commitment
About Educational Alliance/Manny Cantor Center
197 E BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY 10002, US
Educational Alliance brings together and partners with diverse communities in Lower Manhattan, offering individuals and families high-quality, multi-generational programs and services that enhance their well-being and socioeconomic opportunities..
Our commitment to the diversity of the Lower East Side is reflected in our programming: Head Start classrooms sit alongside our private preschool; the Weinberg Center for Balanced Living creates community for older adults of all backgrounds and abilities; our fitness center is utilized by neighborhood residents of all ethnicities, income levels, and ages through an innovative tiered membership model. The Educational Alliance Art School uses the study and mastery of fine arts to forge connections between students and master teachers. Afterschool programs serve community needs for recreation, fitness, education, and college preparation. Community and cultural programming invites deep conversation and calls to action.
The Manny Cantor Center is the flagship building of Educational Alliance, a community-based organization offering a wide range of programs that integrate education, social services, arts and recreation throughout the Lower East Side and East Village. Created to assist Eastern European Jews immigrating to NYC, it has been serving the area since 1889. Educational Alliance has grown and changed as the Lower East Side has; now serving the diverse population that currently resides here.
197 East BroadwayNew York, NY 10002
October 20, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum weekly commitment (3 hours)
- Some knowledge of painting required