Extended Services Case Manager (AmeriCorps) - Full-Time
5 people are interested
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson and Passaic County, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
* Full-Time Members commit to serve 1700 hours (approximately 35-40 hours per week).
* Part-Time Members commit to serve 900 hours (approximately 20-25 hours per week).
Position Type: Full-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete: 1700
Bi-weekly Financial Stipend: $538.46
Total Stipend Amount: $14,000.00
Educational Award: $6,095.00
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director for more information at email@example.com or (973) 710-3900 ext. 433
- Case management using wrap around principles and building of program
- Integrating food pantry and case management for clients that require complex interventions
- Facilitating employment acquisition for clients (e.g. resume building, researching job openings, etc.)
- Working closely and collaborating with Case Manager
- Conducting initial and ongoing assessment of client(s) that includes information such as medical, psychological, economic, and social factors
- Arranging and executing additional programming
- Know Your Rights Trainings
- Financial Literacy
- Increasing food security for clients through agency's food pantry
- Increasing capacity of SMILE to meet community needs
- Economically empowering clients to become self sufficient
- Providing quality service with genuine care and attention
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records
- Maintaining client confidence and confidentiality
- Commitment, Patience, Flexibility
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelors in Social Work or related training/certification
- NJ Licensed Social Worker or New Jersey State Licensure for MSW.
- Fluency in Arabic a plus
Training and Evaluation
- Attend meetings, in-service and training sessions identified by SPCDC AmeriCorps Program and Smile for Charity.
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps Week, and events sponsored by the Corporation for National & Community Service.
About St. Paul's Community Development Corporation
456 Van Houten Street, Paterson, NJ 07501, US
The mission of St. Paul's Community Development Corporation is to serve as an agent of hope, partnering with others to provide needs driven services that improve the quality of life and encourage greater self-sufficiency.
St. Paul's Community Development Corporation (SPCDC) is a secular, not-for-profit organization, guided by a diverse and voluntary board of directors that bridges racial, economic, geographic, and religious boundaries.
Our purpose is to alleviate the conditions of hunger, homelessness, unemployment, under-employment, poverty and illiteracy in the City of Paterson. We do this by providing emergency services to all in need and by designing long-term approaches to achieving social and economic improvement at the grassroots level.
39 Hoover Ave.Passaic, NJ 07055
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Financial Literacy
- Case Work / Management
- Food Service
- Professional Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year
- AmeriCorps Application, 2 References, Resume