Retired? Make a difference in a senior's life
1 person is interested
Do you want to do something that is satisfying of great service to your community? Join the Encompass family and become a Hospice Volunteer!
Becoming a hospice volunteer is similar to helping a neighbor in need. At Encompass Hospice, our volunteers are able to set their own level of commitment depending on their personal schedule and availability. There are many ways to give back! Some ways to help make a difference are:
- Playing games, reading, and listening to music with patients (Including music therapy)
- Walking, playing, or caring for family pets
- Administrative support in the office, or from home!
- Arts and crafts, or creating photo albums of the patient and family
The only qualification is your desire to help someone in need. You don't need any medical skills; you don't even need a college degree; you don't even need to know what to say. All you need to do is sign up and through our hospice volunteer training session you will be more than prepared!
Make Time to Make a Difference
For more information about joining the Encompass family, use the information below.
Bailey Tyrell, Volunteer Coordinator
About Encompass Health
14833 West 95th Street, Lenexa, KS 66215, US
A Better Way To Care!
Encompass Hospice is an industry leader in patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes. Our team of healthcare professionals delivers comprehensive care to keep adults, children and adolescents on the path toward positive results. We bring high quality personalized health care and hospice services into the most familiar, most comfortable environment - your home. Our Circle of Care uses real-time technology to link you, our staff and your physician. In collaboration, we'll help you recover from an illness, injury or surgery, manage a chronic medical condition, or cope with life transitions
We'll work with your schedule.
14833 W 95th StLenexa, KS 66215
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At Encompass Hospice, our volunteers set their own level of commitment depending on their schedule and availability. However, we do prefer someone who can give two hours per week and can commit to at least 6-12 months of volunteer time.
- A caring compassionate person who genuinely wants to help people is an ideal volunteer.