Retired? Make a difference in a senior's life
1 person is interested
Do you want to do something that is satisfying of great service to your community? Join the Encompass family and become a Hospice Volunteer! Becoming a hospice volunteer is similar to helping a neighbor in need. At Encompass Hospice, our volunteers are able to set their own level of commitment depending on their personal schedule and availability. Opportunities for involvement range from direct patient and caregiver contact to administrative tasks, each based on a volunteer's personal level of comfort and desire. There are many ways to give back! Some ways to help make a difference are:
- Playing games, reading, and listening to music with patients (Including music therapy)
- Walking, playing, or caring for family pets
- Administrative support in the office, or from home!
- Arts and crafts, or creating photo albums of the patient and family
The only qualification is your desire to help someone in need. You don't need any medical skills; you don't even need a college degree; you don't even need to know what to say. All you need to do is sign up and through our hospice volunteer training session you will be more than prepared!
Make Time to Make a Difference
For more information about joining the Encompass family, use the information below.
Roland Bray, Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
14833 W 95th StLenexa, KS 66215
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At Encompass Hospice, our volunteers set their own level of commitment depending on their schedule and availability. However, we do prefer someone who can give two hours per week and can commit to at lease 6-12 months of volunteer time.