Part-time Volunteer Administrative Assistant (unpaid)
43 people are interested
CASA-NYC is a non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that children in foster care have their needs met and their rights protected. We are seeking a tech-savvy Administrative Assistant, who will join the organization on a part-time, volunteer basis and will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to support the day-to-day tasks of the Volunteer Department.
- Identify and implement strategies to streamline the efficiency of projects and processes
- General filing, organization, and data entry
- Prepare quarterly newsletter and bi-monthly digest for publication
- Maintain a resource directory and update on a semi-annual basis to ensure accuracy of data
- Prepare documents and manage RSVP lists for trainings and appreciation events
- Prepare handouts and documents for outreach/recruitment events
- Create, with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator, to-do lists (on Asana) and procedures that we can use for future events, trainings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
· Strong computer literacy: Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel, Google Sheets and Forms, MailChimp, and DropBox required; experience with Contact Contact, Asana, GMass, Optima, and Eventbrite a strong plus
· Exceptional writing skills, ability to proofread/copy edit bi-monthly/quarterly newsletters
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Strong time management skills and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, and reliable
· Interested in learning about the daily functioning and deeper goals of nonprofits and/or the child welfare systemHOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit an online application and resume by visiting https://www.casa-nyc.org/volunteer-application. Please mention the volunteer administrative assistant position in your personal statement. Upon receipt, CASA-NYC will contact you directly. We look forward to meeting you!
We'll work with your schedule.
48 Wall stNew York, NY 10005
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Administrative Support
- Twice a week, with flexibility around dates.