13 people are interested
Gallery Attendants are important members of the visitor services team at the Albany Institute of History and Art. The gallery attendant will work with museum staff to provide visitors with a positive and enriching experience at the Albany Institute. Volunteers will assist guests with navigating the museum, monitor galleries, provide visitors with general information, and answer questions when needed. Volunteer attendants are expected to commit to one 2 hour shift a month.
- Friendly, outgoing, good customer service skills
- Attentive and engaged for 2 hour shift
- Responsible for greeting and directing guests through the building
- Providing general information about exhibitions and museum events
- Monitor galleries and help enforce museum regulations
- Assisting museum staff with special events
- Keep a daily log of visitor activity and notes for facilities
- Weekend hours: Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm
Gallery Attendants will receive free skills development and on-the-job training for each new exhibition.
For more information please contact:
Patrick Stenshorn, Director of Interpretive Programs
518-463-4478, ext. 405
To apply for this position please complete a volunteer application on our website http://www.albanyinstitute.org/applications.html
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Albany Institute of History & Art
125 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12210, US
Founded in 1791, the Albany Institute of History & Art, one of the oldest museums in the United States, is dedicated to collecting, preserving, interpreting and promoting interest in the history, art and culture of Albany and the Upper Hudson Valley.
The museum achieves this mission through its collections, exhibitions, education programs, library, research projects, publications and other programs offered to the general public.
The museum relies on volunteers to help with educational programs, special events, administrative support and in the library.
We'll work with your schedule.
Albany Institute of History & Art125 Washington Ave.Albany, NY 12210
- Exhibition Arts
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 8 hours per month