Volunteer Mentor - work 1:1 w/participants creating expressive arts, spending time in nature & more
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
O&P activities are facilitated every Tuesday from 6-8 pm at various locations in the community during the Fall and Spring semesters, with occasional Saturday activities. O&P strives to maintain a 1:1 ratio with volunteers and participants. For each activity, you will be matched with a participant (ages 8+) and expected to spend your time as a partner during your time together. Volunteers are expected to attend ALL trainings offered at the beginning of each semester (August and January) and to attend volunteer councils and meetings as needed.
The applicant can opt to support existing programming, or collaborate with staff on projects that relate to the applicant’s interest and/or are in sync with our theme for this year - This is Beauty (with an undercurrent of health and wellness) - and facilitate opportunities for whole-family engagement.
- Flexible, open minded and patient
- Willing to work with intergenerational population of mixed abilities, backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent person to person skills
- Must have energy to keep up with participants
- Wiling to learn and problem solve
- Responsible, consistently available on Tuesday evenings
- Committed to social justice issues
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
470 E SpeedwayTucson, AZ 85705
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ~3 hours per week (see description)
- driver's license - own vehicle preferred, but not required. training req'd. 1 year commitment.